Auto req ID 3430BR
Position title external Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research Liaison
Department Research & Development
Job type Full-time
Summary of Responsibilities The primary role and responsibilities of this critical field based liaison role involves a combination of field based liason activities and HQ based HEOR activities. Primarily, this role includes the development and execution of region – specific payor communication plans for delivering evidence based HEOR value proposition of lurasidone. During execution of these communication plans, the liaison is tasked with ensuring the delivery of scientifically credible and consistent key value messages of lurasidone to public and private payor segments. Act as a conduit between the external payor environment and the HQ based lurasidone HEOR team to ensure that HEOR strategies and tactics are robust in filling key performance and evidence gaps from a payor perspective. The responsibilities also include continuous evaluation of region-specific and account specific scientific information needs and integrate that knowledge into SUNOVION HQ HEOR. Finally, the liaison should help establish and maintain and research collaborations with key external payor decision makers and Health Technology Assessment Agencies (HTAs), as needed
Essential Functions • Deliver the evidence based economic value proposition of lurasidone through formulary presentations of HEOR data, economic models and dossiers to region-specific public and private payors.
• Collaborate with HQ HEOR
-Provide assistance in the development of payor tools/dossiers to demonstracte value from a payor perspective to support pricing defense, reimbursement and market/formulary access and utilization goals.
-Contribute to the development of value/AMCP dossier for submission to formulary committee and collaborate with Medical Information for periodic dossier updates.
• Partner with the HQ based lurasidone HEOR staff and act as their conduit to the external payor environment by identifying and communicating the payors’ needs for evidence package on specific HEOR topics”.
• Partner effectively with the OCG Field based team and Area Medical Scientist teams and execute a robust region-specific HEOR liaison communication plan.
• Provide input into the development and implementation of payor/plan specific HEOR research studies and health-plan specific analyzer” tools for use with customers.
• Demonstrate leadership in the area of evidence based medicine, which includes identifying and leading the region-specific comparative effectiveness” research debate from a Sunovion point of view with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop and cultivate research collaborations with opinion leaders and payer influencers in practice and/or academia and conduct real-world effectiveness gap studies in Schizophrenia.
• Attend select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of presenting health outcomes research and HEOR data when appropriate, and scientific exchange with key opinion leaders.
• Assist in the training of AMS, Account Managers, and other Sunovion field based teams and colleagues as needed.
• Develop strong credibility among the account decision makers based on trust and compelling, transparent health economic/health outcomes evidence.
• Consultative support to region-specific accounts in the areas of health economic and health outcomes research, including comparative effectiveness research, and education to payer decision makers that supports the value of lurasidone.
• Complete administrative duties, including monthly expense reporting and field activity reporting.
Minimum education requirements PhD
Experience required 5 - 7 Years
Knowledge & skills (general and technical) Post-graduate degree – PhD with 5+ years of relevant industry experience or MD, PharmD, MS, MPH, MBA with 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in health economics within a pharmaceutical or health organization.
Confidential Data All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters is considered confidential.
Compliance Achieve and maintain Compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal and operational rules and procedures, by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sunovion are carried out with the "best" industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
Mental/Physical Requirements Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.